Huge thanks to Tony Kummer for spotlighting The Inclusive Church Blog on Ministry-to-Children’s first podcast.
In this interview, I answered the following questions:
- How I became interested in the topic of special needs and the church
- How can churches (including small churches) prepare for special needs participants?
- How should a children’s pastor respond when a parent brings a 19 year old with cognitive limitations to church and wants to leave him in the children’s ministry setting?
- What should you say to church family who has just received the autism diagnosis for their child?
- Is the autism diagnosis on the rise?
- How can the church help the typical siblings inside the family affected by special needs?
Be sure to visit Ministry-to-Children.com for ideas and help for every conceivable topic inside children’s ministry! This is an incredible FREE resource to church leaders and volunteers.