2012 Orange Conference & Special Needs Track Update
Please let me apologize for sending two posts to your inbox in one day. I don’t want to flood the blog’s followers with too many emails and posts, however this update has some time-sensitive information. ~ Amy
- The Dress is casual. You can wear jeans, a T-shirt, and running shoes and fit right in.
- If you want to be included in the special needs group communications (for impromptu meals, sit together in the arena), email email@example.com. Please provide me your name, email address, and text/cell info.
- The Thursday 4/26 special needs workshops are either sold out or nearly full. If you want to attend any of these workshops, you need to register today. Depending on the audio quality, audio recordings of the workshops will be available for purchase after the conference ONLY TO THOSE PEOPLE REGISTERED FOR AND ATTENDING THE CONFERENCE. The workshop audio will not be available for purchase outside the conference or after the conference. Now for some better news…
- The “Surviving to Thriving” special needs workshop will be available for purchase on DVD to anyone during and after the conference. I just filmed this professionally produced video. The content is about 75% the same…some things shared in the conference workshop will not be in the DVD and vice versa. The DVD is 80 minutes long with downloadable resources. The DVD will be available for sale at the conference for $35 and $49.99 after 04/27/12 through the Orange website. I will post more about the DVD with a link here on The Inclusive Church blog after OC12.
- The 4 preconference special needs workshops on Wednesday 4/25 still have availability. These workshops were designed to be very progressive, to expose leaders to what the most forward-thinking churches are doing in relation to special needs ministry and inclusion.
- We have 30 special needs ministry champions that we know of already committed to the Special Needs Thursday night Q&A/Networking Event. We definitely expect more. You do not need to RSVP, just show up. There is no cost other than the cost of your own dinner or dessert. Here are directions to the Thursday night event: OC12 SN Event Directions for attendees.
- If you want to follow the special needs track on Twitter, we have a hash tag just for our group: #OC12SN
- This year’s conference registration has already surpassed previous records and it will be a crazy happenin’ place!