Follow OC12 on The Inclusive Church Blog
For those of you who can’t join us in person for The Orange Conference 2012, here’s how you can join us virtually:
- Be sure to follow what’s going on through the Twitter hashtags #OC12 and #OC12SN. We have a couple of special needs champions who will be regularly updating the Twitter feed (watch for #OC12SN). My two Twitter accounts are @AmyFentonLee and @SpNeedsKidmin.
- Beginning on Wednesday, I’ll be providing glimpses of OC12 by posting interviews with some of the special needs champions attending the special needs track. For this week there will be some days I publish two posts. I apologize in advance for crowding your email inbox. After this week we’ll go back to posting only once or twice a week, and less throughout the summer.
- Occasional updates and pictures will be made available through The Inclusive Church’s Facebook Feed.
- You may want to follow the list of official OC12 Bloggers.
- Besides myself, the following special needs bloggers will be blogging from OC12:
B.K. – Thinking Moms Revolution
Tonya Langdon – Special Needs Kidz
Shannon Royce – Chosen Families
- You may watch the live feed online from The Orange Conference. For every hour of programming various workshop speakers and main stage speakers will be interviewed live.
- Be sure to watch the live feed on Friday, April 27th from 11:45am to 12:15pm as Meaghan Wall and I will be interviewed in real time about special needs ministry.
- I misspoke and have learned that audio of the special needs workshops are only available for purchase to those who attend the conference. However, the workshop “Surviving to Thriving: Techniques to Engage Different Learners” will be available for sale on an 80-minute DVD that includes reproducible downloads. The DVD will be for sale onsite at the conference and through the the Orange Store AFTER the conference is over.
- Lastly…to those of you who wish to be with us and are cheering us on from afar, I would greatly appreciate your prayers. Whenever God is up to something big, we usually hear from the enemy. Each and every one of us involved in this conference has had unexpected obstacles the past few days and weeks. Take a look at the home states listed below where we know we have a special needs ministry champion coming in from (these are just the ones that have reached out to me personally). Please pray for those coming from your state…that God would protect them in their travels, that God would provide for their families in their absence (several are special needs parents), and that God would provide encouragement to every OC12 participant:
Alabama, California, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Kentucky, Michigan, Nebraska, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, and Virginia